Tips for keeping your lungs healthy
June 18, 2019
Lungs are one of the most vital organs in the human body and to live a healthy and longer life you must invest your concern in taking care of them. They perform a great task by supplying oxygen to your blood and also by eliminating carbon dioxide and many other harmful gases from the body. Unhealthy lungs may lead to diseases like asthma, COPD, and cancer as well.
Few tips to care for your lungs are listed.
If you are a smoker, stop it immediately if it has become your habit and invest in some anti-nicotine chewing gums or medications to refrain yourself from this dangerous habit. If you are a non-smoker, don't even think of taking this habit up anytime. Also, try to avoid passive/second-hand smoking. Alert people nearby and let yourself not be surrounded by smoked tobacco.
Daily exercise is proven to bring benefits to a person's health. Practicing exercises like cardio and yoga enhance the ability of deep breathing and make a healthy and powerful lung. Workout increases the oxygen intake capacity of your body and thus allows highly oxygenated blood flow through your body.
Healthy food habit
Making healthy eating habit is a great achievement. Having antioxidants like broccoli, radish, kale as a part of your daily diet helps to absorb free radicals and preventing them from attacking healthy tissues, thus keeping a healthy lung function active. Some fruits like apples, oranges, and grapefruit also help to improve lung health.
Maintain a pure air in and out of your house
You must try and plant more and more green plants in the surroundings of your house. Green plants highly purify the air by absorbing carbon dioxide and many other harmful gases and give a good supply of oxygen.
Also, check for faulty appliances in your house, and have a regular servicing of certain appliances in your house like kitchen chimney, exhaust fans, heat pumps, air conditioners, etc. Also check out for proper out passage for smoke emitted from fireplaces, wood stoves, furnaces.
Clean and dust regularly and ensure having proper ventilator facilities in your house. Also, check out for proper servicing of your car and go for a pollution check on fixed intervals.
Protect yourself at your workplace from air pollution by using certain beneficial air mask. Especially if you happen to work in construction sites or mining sites which are very prone to lung diseases, do try to use a gas mask and protective clothing and also try to ventilate the work area as much as possible.
It is always good to have a regular health check-up done. This will improve your life standard and also help to take preventive measures against various health problems. Wheezing, coughing, chest pains or coughing up phlegm or blood are signs of problems related to lung. Do not neglect to visit your doctor at the earliest in such cases.
Follow the above tips to have a healthy lung and live a beautiful and long life.
- Quit smoking save your lungs – how to quit smoking?
- Asthma Symptoms and Treatments You Should Know
- Best Chest Hospital in India
- Exercises for COPD patients
- What To Expect At A Pulmonary Function Test
- Types of Asthma Medications
- Tips for keeping your lungs healthy
- Santosham Hospital- the best Pulmonology Hospital in India
- Guide to Gastroscopy - Symptoms & Procedure
- COPD - Know the Signs and Symptoms & Get the Facts
- Living with Pulmonary Hypertension
- Smoking and COPD Effects
- What You Need To Know About Asthma
- Side effects of eating too much choclate
- Top 4 Ways You Can Purify Your Lungs Naturally
- Rotational shifts are disrupting your metabolism
- How to survive heart attack when you’re alone?
- Tips for a Healthy Mind, Body And Spirit
- Seven Ways to Cut the Junk Food
- How Fruits and Vegetables are important for the diet?
- 5 reasons why walk is the best workout
- 7 benefits of eating healthy and exercising regularly
- 7 Best Exercise To Keep Your Heart Healthy Forever
- 10 Good Habits for Healthy Heart
- 10 Foods to Keep your Heart Healthy