Smoking and COPD Effects
jan 31, 2019
Are you are a chain smoker? Then you should give interest to this article as it will share some COPD facts related to smoking. COPD refers to chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and is a global pandemic that put the life of several smokers to threat. In extreme cases, COPD can cause death to the person.
There are certain factors that lead to COPD in a person and the main cause of it is smoking. After carrying out research, it has been reported that people who smoke are likely to be a victim of respiratory impairment which leads to COPD. COPD leads to the blockage of airflow in the lungs, thus, making people face problem while breathing.
How to stay safe from COPD
As stated earlier, smoking is the main cause of COPD and if one reduces the frequency of smoking then the prevalence of COPD can be minimized. According to research, if the intensity of smoking can be brought less, eighty percent of cases can be reduced this way.
Reports show that upon death, about 94 percent of people display the cases of emphysema, when examined. On the other hand, people who have never smoked, 90 percent of them do not show any signs of these diseases and even if it is found then it is very little.
Age group affected
People who fall within the age of thirty-five to forty-five are likely to be affected by this disease. Moreover, it has been reported that there is a high possibility of lung failure with these cases too. There is only one substitute for it and this is to quit smoking to bring down the cause of it.
Continuous smoking leads to increase the rate at with your lungs suffer from smoking. If you are a chain smoker then the intensity at which your heart get affected will be high and also this will take place within a short span of time. At the worse situation, it will fail to work properly leading to breathing issues within the person.
It is worth mentioning that nearly 50 percent of smokers are likely to suffer from COPD due to smoking habits. By taking the initiative to quit smoking it can be reduced by half.
Treatment of COPD
COPD is a life-threatening disease and there are many victims who are fighting for these cases. The COPD treatment is quite higher than other forms of lungs treatment. Also, it is important to note that if COPD spreads to lungs, there is no way to restore the proper functioning of the lungs, even with proper medication.
If you are a smoker, you should understand the subjectivity of this disease to you. As different smokers have varying levels of susceptible towards it, you should also understand yours, before you take another cigarette in your fingers.
If you do not quit smoking then your condition will worsen and at the end, you have to stay in hospital resulting in death. For the above reasons, you should leave smoking and lead a healthy lifestyle.
- Best Chest Hospital in India
- Exercises for COPD patients
- What To Expect At A Pulmonary Function Test
- Types of Asthma Medications
- Tips for keeping your lungs healthy
- Santosham Hospital- the best Pulmonology Hospital in India
- Guide to Gastroscopy - Symptoms & Procedure
- COPD - Know the Signs and Symptoms & Get the Facts
- Living with Pulmonary Hypertension
- Smoking and COPD Effects
- What You Need To Know About Asthma
- Side effects of eating too much choclate
- Top 4 Ways You Can Purify Your Lungs Naturally
- Rotational shifts are disrupting your metabolism
- How to survive heart attack when you’re alone?
- Tips for a Healthy Mind, Body And Spirit
- Seven Ways to Cut the Junk Food
- How Fruits and Vegetables are important for the diet?
- 5 reasons why walk is the best workout
- 7 benefits of eating healthy and exercising regularly
- 7 Best Exercise To Keep Your Heart Healthy Forever
- 10 Good Habits for Healthy Heart
- 10 Foods to Keep your Heart Healthy