Side Effects of Eating Too Much Chocolate
Novermber 2, 2018
Chocolate is one of those delicious foods that offer wonderful benefits to people. But as it is said that excess of everything is bad. This tasty food can be incredibly good for your health but at the same time bad also.
Chocolate can be good for many people, but some people are more sensitive to caffeine and other compounds of chocolate. Eating too much chocolate may result in adverse effects on the nervous and cardiovascular systems, stomach problem, palpitations, insomnia or extra systoles.
Though the benefits offered by chocolate are no less than its side effects due to its too much consumption, still people should avoid eating it too much. Some of the possible side effects that can be caused due to eating too much of chocolate are discussed here.
Anxiety and irregular heart beat Chocolates are rich in caffeine that positively boosts energy of a person. However, when taken in excess, it can result in side effects like irregular and fast heartbeats, dizziness, and sweating and increased anxiety.
Gastrointestinal Issues: Eating too much chocolate can result in gastrointestinal discomfort as the nature of caffeine is acidic. Acidic foods can lead to bouts of heartburn, acid reflux issues and inflamed stomach ulcers. Too much of caffeine can worsen your gastrointestinal issues.
Weight GainChocolates contain high amount of calories which leads to inadequate weight gain. Increased weight can further result in problems like high blood pressure, diabetes and heart disease.
High Potassium: Chocolate is a potassium rich food, which is not good for people who suffer from adrenal disease and kidney disease. They need to avoid potassium rich foods. Hence, eating too much of chocolate is not meant for such people.
Acid Reflux Issue: Chocolate can cause irritation in the stomach lining as it allows gastric juice to pass through the oesophagus. The gastric juice irritates the oesophagus which results in a burning sensation in the chest known as heartburn.
Acne:Most common side effect of eating too much of chocolate is that it causes acne. Acne can be triggered due to any compound present in the chocolate, be it milk, cocoa butter, sugar, cocoa solids or other elements.
The side effects of chocolate on a person depends upon the fact that how you respond to the different compounds of its composition. Since, it is an individual response; an element may be good for one person but bad for another.
So, it depends on how your body reacts after eating it. However, eating too much of chocolate will definitely lead to some side effects on your body.
- Thoracic back pain treatment
- Quit smoking save your lungs – how to quit smoking?
- Asthma Symptoms and Treatments You Should Know
- Best Chest Hospital in India
- Exercises for COPD patients
- What To Expect At A Pulmonary Function Test
- Types of Asthma Medications
- Tips for keeping your lungs healthy
- Santosham Hospital- the best Pulmonology Hospital in India
- Guide to Gastroscopy - Symptoms & Procedure
- COPD - Know the Signs and Symptoms & Get the Facts
- Living with Pulmonary Hypertension
- Smoking and COPD Effects
- Earliest Symptoms of Lung Cancer
- What You Need To Know About Asthma
- Side effects of eating too much choclate
- Top 4 Ways You Can Purify Your Lungs Naturally
- Rotational shifts are disrupting your metabolism
- How to survive heart attack when you’re alone?
- Tips for a Healthy Mind, Body And Spirit
- Seven Ways to Cut the Junk Food
- How Fruits and Vegetables are important for the diet?
- 5 reasons why walk is the best workout
- 7 benefits of eating healthy and exercising regularly
- 7 Best Exercise To Keep Your Heart Healthy Forever
- 10 Good Habits for Healthy Heart
- 10 Foods to Keep your Heart Healthy