Santosham Hospital- the best Pulmonology Hospital in India
May 24, 2019
Respiratory disorders, both the acute and chronic type, are very common in India. The pollution from vehicles, factories, industries etcetera contributes significantly towards it. The suffering of a large number of people due to various respiratory disorders prompted the founder members to start a hospital in order to provide quality treatment way back in 1937 called the Santosham Hospital in Chennai. Even today, they boast of unparalleled treatment for respiratory conditions under the table guidance of Dr. Mathuram Santosham, one of the best pulmonologist in Chennai. They follow a strong philosophy of “We treat, God heals” and that has been their pillar of strength for a long time.
The founder- Dr. Mathuram Santosham
Dr. Mathuram graduated in medicine in 1930 from Madras Medical College and then was posted in the Tuberculosis Ward of Royapettah hospital as an intern. It was basically a punishment posting for his active participation in the Indian National Congress and the British Rulers felt that he would contract the disease too. Not only did the plan backfire, but it also turned out to be a blessing in disguise as he developed a lot of compassion for the poor people dying of tuberculosis. This was instrumental in the foundation of the Santosham hospital.
About the hospital
The Santosham Chest Hospital is a super specialty hospital with 50 beds assigned exclusively for patients suffering from respiratory diseases. Over the past 8 decades or so, it has built quite a reputation for itself employing the best pulmonologist in India among their ranks. The main aim of the hospital is serve the community and uphold integrity while providing the treatment at affordable prices.
The facilities provided in the Santosham Chest Hospital are top of the line and one of the best in the country.
It includes sophisticated x-ray units which are both of static and mobile type, Ultrasonography of Abdomen and Chest, a laboratory to conduct pulmonary function tests and also a unit for auto-analyzer facility. Right now the hospital is headed by Dr. Rajan Santosham, a renowned cardiothoracic surgeon who works along with Dr. Rajiv Santosham, another cardiothoracic surgeon as well.
Dr. Ravi Santosham is the chief pulmonologist in the facility while Dr. Roy Santosham is the expert radiologist. The general physician, Dr. Roshan Santosham is also reputed in his field and is ably supported by Dr. Kala Suresh, a pulmonologist by profession. Additionally, Dr. Kalpana Santosham provides dental treatment and Ms. Sangita Santosham is the consulting psychologist. Dr. Deepti Moraes has the all-important job of being a anaesthetist.
Santosham hospital is equipped to handle a large variety of cases related to thoracic surgery, infections of the respiratory tract, bronchoscopy, asthma and other breath-related problems, intensive care unit and a center for C.T scan.
Located in Egmore High Road in Chennai, Santosham Hospital has a huge reputation in India and people suffering from various respiratory disorders are referred here by the top doctors of the country as well as internationally.
- What To Expect At A Pulmonary Function Test
- Types of Asthma Medications
- Tips for keeping your lungs healthy
- Santosham Hospital- the best Pulmonology Hospital in India
- Guide to Gastroscopy - Symptoms & Procedure
- COPD - Know the Signs and Symptoms & Get the Facts
- Living with Pulmonary Hypertension
- Smoking and COPD Effects
- What You Need To Know About Asthma
- Side effects of eating too much choclate
- Top 4 Ways You Can Purify Your Lungs Naturally
- Rotational shifts are disrupting your metabolism
- How to survive heart attack when you’re alone?
- Tips for a Healthy Mind, Body And Spirit
- Seven Ways to Cut the Junk Food
- How Fruits and Vegetables are important for the diet?
- 5 reasons why walk is the best workout
- 7 benefits of eating healthy and exercising regularly
- 7 Best Exercise To Keep Your Heart Healthy Forever
- 10 Good Habits for Healthy Heart
- 10 Foods to Keep your Heart Healthy