Exercises for COPD patients
September 20, 2019
COPD is a critical condition for the patient who is suffering from the same. Some of the exercises the individual could follow up are as follows:
1. Exercise to breathe Easier
The main drawback of COPD is the less you do, the less you are able to do within the progressive time. The weak muscle in the system need more oxygen and you could get easily tired by cooking or shopping for a short period of time. Daily exercising and practicing the breathing mechanism can help you solve this problem in the long run. When your muscles become stronger you could exercise easily.
Walking can progressively reduce your COPD condition which you are facing currently. Walking is a great option especially if you are just getting used to the same. Do it anywhere you feel like, on a treadmill, in a mall or in any park. Try maintaining the same for almost 30 minutes every day and your health condition might just get better progressively. Slowly add 30 seconds with each and every day passing by and you will soon reach a good pace within no time. However, make sure that you consult a doctor before starting the same.
A stationary bike is one of the best things a COPD patient could have access to. You can pedal away within your own home. In a gym or a rehab setting, you can always find companions to talk to while biking. Ask a trainer before jumping in your daily cycling scheduling so that it matches your required ability. As you make progress within the required time, use a traditional bike which would help you out soaking up the scenery. If any sort of exercising makes you short of breath, sit down for a moment calmly and resume the exercise only when you feel like you could do it again.
4. Arm Curls
If you fascinate lifting, as in weight lifting, then you could try out lightweights which would help you to carry any moderately heavy object choose light weights and breath in while curling up. When you release the weights, stretch down your arms slowly. Make sure that you build up 2 sets of 10 to 15 repetitions in each set.
5. Exercise your Diaphragm
This exercise strengthens your key breathing muscle which is the diaphragm. Lie down with your knees bent and put one hand on your chest and the other one on your ribcage. Slowly inhale with your nose so that your stomach rises. Exhale with your mouth and tighten your stomach. The hand kept on your chest should not move. Make sure that you follow up with this exercise for 10 to 15 minutes every day. Your breathing mechanism would slowly show progression and it would be much easier for you to breathe automatically within no time.
Thus, maintaining these set of exercises can progressively correct your condition of COPD and you might just be able to live a healthy life once again.
- Quit smoking save your lungs – how to quit smoking?
- Asthma Symptoms and Treatments You Should Know
- Best Chest Hospital in India
- Exercises for COPD patients
- What To Expect At A Pulmonary Function Test
- Types of Asthma Medications
- Tips for keeping your lungs healthy
- Santosham Hospital- the best Pulmonology Hospital in India
- Guide to Gastroscopy - Symptoms & Procedure
- COPD - Know the Signs and Symptoms & Get the Facts
- Living with Pulmonary Hypertension
- Smoking and COPD Effects
- What You Need To Know About Asthma
- Side effects of eating too much choclate
- Top 4 Ways You Can Purify Your Lungs Naturally
- Rotational shifts are disrupting your metabolism
- How to survive heart attack when you’re alone?
- Tips for a Healthy Mind, Body And Spirit
- Seven Ways to Cut the Junk Food
- How Fruits and Vegetables are important for the diet?
- 5 reasons why walk is the best workout
- 7 benefits of eating healthy and exercising regularly
- 7 Best Exercise To Keep Your Heart Healthy Forever
- 10 Good Habits for Healthy Heart
- 10 Foods to Keep your Heart Healthy